Did you know that you can switch to Use Indian Languages On WhatsApp? Currently, the messaging service supports a total of 11 local Indian languages. These are Hindi, Bangla, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, and English.
These 11 languages are supported on Android. However, for iOS users, WhatsApp only offers Hindi as a local language. Among the many languages that WhatsApp supports, many are regional languages that emerge within a difference of every 1000 kilometers.
How to switch Use Indian Languages On WhatsApp?
So how to change to your local language on the messaging app? WhatsApp does not allow users to tweak language from the WhatsApp setting. But you can change your phone language. Do note, this change will not only apply to WhatsApp but other phone apps as well.
- Go to ‘Settings’, then choose ‘System’, and tap on ‘Languages & Input’.
- Select virtual keyboard and choose the keyboard.
- Now, open WhatsApp and choose the keyboard you want to use with the desired language. You can also toggle between to keyboard depending on the language.
- Open the Play Store and search for a keyboard that supports the language you want to write in.
- Allow full keyboard access in the setup pop-up after downloading.
- Launch WhatsApp and select your preferred keyboard.
Or for a much simple approach You can use the Google Translate app. It will help you to translate the text as you type. Simply download the Google Translate app, then go to the Menu > Settings > Tap to Translate.